Monday 2 June 2008

Perhentian

As with most of the islands I seem to go to, I hadn't actually planned on going there first. When I arrived in Kuala Besar, I was pestered by a few boat drivers asking what time was I going to the islands and after speaking to Ali and Liz, I decided just to go for it as I was in no rush to get back to Kl before my Indian Visa had been granted. I stored my bike for 5rm a day and the rest of my luggage I wouldn't need at my hotel, while the hotel owner urged my to jump on the back of his Honda C90 as the boat was leaving any minute and he speedily rode to the jetty with me as his bitch!

Once on the small island and against my friends recommendations, I took the first place I found as it was cheap at 25rms but you can probably see why- It reminded me of a serial killers woodshed:


The following night, I changed my abode and moved to the place Ali had mentioned and although it was twice the price, it was far more pleasant being right on the beach.



Perhintian is a quite beautiful little island though slightly over populated with European backpackers, most of whom seemed to be blond, Swedish couples and as such I didn't really meet anyone while here, however it was a nice place to just sit and read and swim in the clear warm water.

My private view for 50rm a night

After only a couple of nights however, I grew a little restless and headed off the following morning to ride to 600kms back to KL just in case my Indian visa had been granted early- it hadn't.

No comments: